Health can be relatively subjective. It has to be acknowledged that different people have a different view on their health goals. Therefore, we encourage health at all levels, whether it being necessary health issues or supporting particular health concerns like overall improving immune functions, sleeping better or controlling stress levels. This list is a compilation of important health solutions along with explanations, endorsed by Thorne’s health professional customers.
Here is our guide to choosing Thorne Supplements
1. Berberine-500: A Swiss Army Knife When It Comes to Health Support
Berberine is a plant-based supplement that is rich in natural alkaloid which offers support and benefits for health concerns;
- Metabolic Support: helps maintain cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and supports insulin sensitivity.
- Glucose Metabolism: Maintains blood sugar to a healthy level.
- Heart support: Supports cardiac functions and blood pressure to be maintained to healthy levels.
- Intestinally friendly: Supports normal intestinal functions.
2. D-5,000: Vitamin D Quality on a Whole New Level
Thorne is well known for its attention to exclusively include natural ingredients, which is inclusive of vitamin D. Thorne maintains pure transparency when it comes to what they put in their products. They also eliminate substance filters such as BHT, BHA, sorbic acid, sodium benzoate and even lactose. More often than none, manufacturers tend to include the usage of vitamin D in a pre-mixed diluted state. This form of vitamin D can be considered impure, as it is typically already fused with other powdered substances which includes magnesium stearate among other fatty acids. These substances are added for the convenience of handling larger quantities of raw materials.
Nevertheless, these substances are still able to absorb vitamin D. Thorne guarantees the best quality of supplements possible. Among their arsenal of natural ingredients are; undiluted vitamins, including vitamin D, dilutions made from scratch, applying only non-allergic powders like cellulose and magnesium citrate. The natural mixture is then added to the supplements, providing each capsule with the equally appropriate amount of nutrients needed. These exclusive aspects play a huge role in the D-5,000’s wide success in the healthcare professional team’s list.
3. Stress B-Complex: A Formula to Help You Keep Your Cool
The world we live in today, can be as stressful as ever. Whether it is personal or professional, some of us tend to crack under the pressure and gain more stress. The constant barrage of everyday stressors, along with pollution and high-carbohydrate diets, can over-stimulate and over-tax the adrenal glands, resulting in negative effects on the immune, cardiovascular, neurological, and endocrine systems, as well as an individual’s long-term health.
Thorne’s Stress B-Complex provides nutritional assistance for better stress management. Additionally, this complete B vitamin complex includes extra vitamin B5 to support healthy adrenal and immunological function. Another great option for these benefits is the Thorne Adrenal Cortex Supplement.
4. ResveraCel®: The Holy Grail for Healthy Aging
ResveraCel is a compound that contains resveratrol and nicotinamide riboside, as well as other cofactors. This unique recipe allows people to act their (cellular) age. ResveraCel’s various components give the following major benefits in addition to enhancing cellular metabolism:
- Nicotinamide Riboside is essential for a variety of mitochondrial functions, including cellular energy production, biochemical process control, and cellular aging.
- Betaine offers substances beneficial for methylation.
- Resveratrol and quercetin helps improve sirtuin proteins.
- Quercetin phytosome is a potent antioxidant.
5. Magnesium CitraMate: Magnesium + Citrate and Malate
According to WHO figures, three out of every four persons in the United States do not consume enough magnesium to meet the FDA’s Recommended Daily Intake. Magnesium is involved in more than 600 enzymatic activities in the body, so this is far from optimal.
Thorne’s Magnesium CitraMate is a well-absorbed magnesium supplement that promotes overall health, including heart and skeletal muscle health. Magnesium CitraMate’s citrate and malate chelates also help to improve the Krebs Cycle, which optimizes energy generation.
6. Thorne’s Multi-Vitamin/Mineral Products: Basic Nutrients for Healthy Living
Every individual’s supplementation needs begin with a fundamental multivitamin/mineral supplement, which is why all Thorne “multi-” formulas contain the nutrients essential to health and wellbeing. Because nutrient requirements fluctuate from person to person and are influenced by a variety of factors such as activity level, age, and gender, Thorne offers a variety of multivitamin/mineral supplements to suit specific nutrient requirements.
Thorne believes in and stands by its products, which are filled with natural ingredients. The elimination of unnecessary or even harmful additives and preservatives help optimize the results of the supplements.
7. Meriva 500-SF: The Most Clinically Studied Form of Curcumin on the Market
Meriva 500-SF aids in the maintenance of appropriate inflammatory responses throughout the body, offering relief from overuse of muscles and joints as well as assistance for injury repair. It’s also a powerful antioxidant with a long list of health advantages, including liver, GI, and cardiovascular support. Meriva’s curcumin phytosome mixes curcumin with phospholipids, such as phosphatidylcholine, to produce a compound with much greater absorption than previous curcumin extracts. Meriva has been shown to absorb 29 times more total curcuminoid than non-complexed curcumin in one research.
8. Basic B Complex: A B-Complex That is Anything but Basic
Supplementing with tissue-ready B vitamins is critical for everyone, but especially for those who can’t convert non-active B vitamins to active forms in the liver. While a B-complex supplement can assist everybody, certain people may benefit more than others due to greater need or lower consumption, such as:
- People who undergo and experience a great deal of stress.
- Women experiencing PMS symptoms.
- Vegans and vegetarians who have limited amounts of certain vitamin B.
- Athletes who undergo intense regimen, lose water-soluble vitamin B through sweat.
- Elderly people who lack vitamin B due to decreased intake and absorption.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers require more vitamin B.
- People with GI conditions that affect their intake and absorption process.
- People with underlying urinal conditions, resulting in loss of vitamin B due to heavy urination.
- People who consume large amounts of alcohol.
9. Quercetin Phytosome: Plant-based support for immune function and seasonal allergies
Quercetin is an immune system modulator that increases the activity of some white blood cells while maintaining or decreases the activity of others. Quercetin is best recognized for its ability to stabilize mast cells, which release histamine and produce many allergic symptoms. Quercetin also modulates the release of cytokines, which helps to maintain a healthy inflammatory response throughout the body.
Unfortunately, quercetin has low absorption into the bloodstream as a natural substance, which is why the quercetin ingredient in Thorne products is delivered as a quercetin phytosome. By leveraging phytosome technology to maximize the nutrient’s bioavailability, a quercetin phytosome complex boosts the benefits of quercetin.
10. NAC: A top-tier antioxidant for liver and lung health
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a precursor to the antioxidant glutathione that the body uses to restore cellular glutathione reserves. Although NAC and glutathione are found throughout the body, they are more concentrated in the lungs and liver, where they serve critical roles in lung and liver function.
The Thorne NAC supplement could then help enhance antioxidant activity and maintain the lungs’ natural inflammatory response. NAC protects liver cells by assisting in the maintenance of normal antioxidant capacity in the liver. NAC also aids the liver’s regular detoxifying function by donating its sulfur content.
To learn more on whether the brand’s supplements can contribute to skin health, make sure to read also our Thorne supplements review.